So far the innovative scheme, which is just one example of the Club’s commitment to affordable and accessible football, assists more than 500 fans every matchday.
The Service, available at every home game, is in operation two hours before kick-off where it picks fans up from platform 13 at Stratford Station, and arrives at Car Park Two, to allow access to the Podium via the lifts in the Stadium Store.
To ensure that our disabled fans enjoy the best matchday experience possible, anyone who does not fit the below criteria will not be allowed to use the Shuttle Bus Service.
To maintain the smooth running of this valuable service, the Club would like to reiterate that:
- The Shuttle Bus Service is available for any disabled Season Ticket Holder, as well as one carer.
- All those wishing to use the Shuttle Bus will need to board the bus together and show their Access Cards. One card will show the disabled supporter’s name, and the second will have the carer’s name.
- Access to the Shuttle Bus is also extended to Claret Members, who will have an Access Card with their name on it, and a paper ticket with a carer printed on it.
- All senior and infirm citizens will also be allowed to use the buses but will need to request a permit in order to use the shuttle bus.
- Similarly, any supporter who is pregnant, or those that have a temporary disability (i.e a broken leg) can also arrange a permit.
- Any other supporters with a mobility problem will have to produce a letter from their doctor or consultant confirming that they are not able to walk.
- All those eligible to apply for a permit need to [email protected] at least 48 hours before kick-off. When emailing, please include the relevant match in the subject heading of all correspondence.
Please note that these measures will be in place ahead of our home fixture with Sunderland on Saturday 22 October.
However members of the accessibility team will be on hand this Saturday, during our match with Middlesbrough, to monitor and assist those fans that require this service.
If you have questions or feedback about the Shuttle Bus Service, or any other accessibility issue, please do not hesitate to get in touch by emailing [email protected]