Ten Fast Facts you might not know about West Ham United’s new goalkeeper Darren Randolph
Ten Fast Facts you might not know about West Ham United’s new goalkeeper Darren Randolph!
- Darren Randolph’s father Ed Randolph played basketball for UCD Marian and was one of the first American imports to the Irish Basketball League. Darren himself is a former Irish basketball international, so he is clearly good with his hands!
- Darren Randolph was born in the seaside town of Bray, County Wicklow, situated 12 miles south of the Republic of Ireland’s capital Dublin
- Darren Randolph attended St. Cronan's Boys National School in Bray, which also names WWE wrestler Prince Devitt among its former pupils.
- Darren Randolph later attended Presentation College in Bray, which was also attended by Middlesex and Ireland cricketer Ed Joyce and former Ireland Rugby international Reggie Corrigan.
- Darren Randolph has represented Republic of Ireland at U15, U16, U17, U18, U19, U21, B and senior levels!
- Darren Randolph made his senior professional debut during a loan spell with Conference South club Welling United in 2004.
- If he was not a footballer, Darren Randolph would like to be a basketball player or a Formula 1 driver.
- Darren Randolph names the American city of Miami as his favourite holiday destination.
- Darren Randolph names Italy and former Manchester United striker Guiseppe Rossi as his toughest-ever opponent.
- Darren Randolph names former Charlton Athletic teammate Paolo Di Canio as the best player he has ever lined up alongside.