Find out more about West Ham United's newest signing - Spain U21 international midfielder Pedro Obiang!
Find out more about West Ham United's newest signing, Spain U21 midfielder Pedro Obiang, by checking out our Ten Fast Facts about the 23-year-old Hammer!
- Pedro Obiang is sometimes known as just 'Perico'.
- Pedro Obiang’s home city of Alcalá de Henares – meaning Citadel on the river Henares – is a central Spanish city whose historical centre is one of UNESCO's World Heritage Sites due to its rich archaeology.
- Only five players attempted more tackles than Pedro Obiang (153) in Serie A last season.
- Pedro Obiang made his European debut for Sampdoria against Debrecen back in December 2010 in the Europa League.
- In a poll conducted in 2013 by Inside Spanish football Pedro Obiang was named in the top 15 Spanish youngsters.
- When it comes to passing completion Pedro Obiang is one of the star performers having an 82.2 per cent completion rate for Sampdoria in Serie A last season.
- Pedro Obiang showed his quality at a young age when he made the move from Atletico Madrid to Sampdoria, aged just 16.
- Pedro Obiang will be hoping to maintain his impressive disciplinary record for West Ham as he never picked up a red card during his spell at Sampdoria.
- The talented midfielder has plenty of international experience having played for Spain's Under-17, Under-19 and Under-21 side.
- Pedro Obiang is described as a box-to-box midfielder and has already been compared to Yaya Toure.