Six of the Best - Burnley

West Ham United travel to Burnley on Saturday for their first Barclays Premier League game at Turf Moor since February 2010.

In our regular Six of the Best feature, we look back at the last six West Ham wins at Burnley's home..

Burnley 0-2 West Ham United
Capital One Cup Round Four
29 October 2013

The Hammers may not have played at Burnley since 2010 in the league, but last season did bring a trip to the Clarets in the form of a Capital One Cup fourth round tie.

Having played at Swansea less than 72 hours previously, Sam Allardyce made nine changes to his team for this game, and it was Burnley who made the better start.

But West Ham held firm and improved as the game went on, winning the tie with two penalties in the final 14 minutes.

Matt Taylor netted the first, following a foul on Kevin Nolan by Jason Shackell, then Jack Collison wrapped up the victory after picking himself up from a foul by Keith Treacy.

Burnley 0-1 West Ham United
5 April 2005

Teddy Sheringham scored the only goal of the game when the Hammers last triumphed at Turf Moor in the league.

Both clubs were in the Championship at this juncture and a crowd of 12,209 gathered at Burnley for the game, which wasn't settled until the final seven minutes when Sheringham was set up by Marlon Harewood to drill home.

This victory, the Hammers' second 1-0 win over Burnley of the season, kept West Ham seventh in the table.

They would eventually finish sixth and gain promotion to the Premier League by defeating Preston North End in the Play-Off final.

Teddy Sheringham and Mark Noble celebrate the win at Burnley

Burnley 0-2 West Ham United
League Cup Second Round First Leg
26 August 1980

West Ham were in the Second Division when they took on Burnley. of Division Three, in the second round of the League Cup in the 1980/81 season.

The Londoners would progress with no drama, helped by this comfortable first leg victory.

Paul Goddard and Trevor Brooking were the men on target as the Hammers sealed a 2-0 success, before going on to win 4-0 at the Boleyn Ground a week later.

West Ham would go on to reach the final of the League Cup that season, beating Charlton Athletic, Barnsley, Tottenham Hotspur and Coventry City, before losing to Liverpool after a replay - meaning the wait for their first triumph in this competiton would go on.

Burnley 0-1 West Ham United
Division Two
19 February 1980

Turf Moor proved to be a happy hunting ground for the Hammers in 1980, as a league visit in February brought them maximum points.

The Clarets were on their way to relegation, while West Ham were challenging at the other end of the table, and Alan Devonshire's goal kept up the status quo.

Burnley ended the camapign in 21st and suffered the pain of demotion to the third tier, while West Ham would finish in seventh, six points shy of promotion.

Burnley 3-5 West Ham United
Division One
28 September 1974

The Hammers' highest-scoring victory over Burnley came back in September 1974, after the Londoners had the better of an eight-goal thriller.

The Clarets were on target three times, but it would count for nothing as West Ham showed the greater firepower on the day.

Four different scorers were on target, as Keith Robson's double was added to by Trevor Brooking, Billy Jennings and Billy Bonds.

This was a mid-table campaign for the Hammers, who ended in 13th, while Burnley were three places and six points better off.

Sir Trevor Brooking and Billy Bonds MBE

Burnley 1-3 West Ham United
FA Cup Third Round
27 January 1968

Martin Peters enjoyed a goal-laden 1967/68 season, with 18 goals to his credit by the season's end - and two of those helped see off Burnley in the FA Cup third round.

This was an all-top flight clash, and although Burnley held West Ham to a 3-3 draw in the league clash at Turf Moor, they were less proflic on this occasion.

West Ham repeated the feat of scoring three goals, with Peters' brace being added to by Brian Dear, as Burnley's one in reply counted for little.

The Hammers would go on to beat Stoke City in the fourth round, before their FA Cup run was ended by Sheffield United.