West Ham United support Safer Gambling Week 2020
Alongside our partners Betway, West Ham United are supporting Safer Gambling Week 2020.
What is Safer Gambling Week?
Safer Gambling Week 2020 runs from 19-25 November and is a campaign led by the gambling industry that aims to create a conversation with customers, staff and the wider public about safer gambling, driving awareness of:
- How to gamble in a safe manner;
- The tools that are available to help people gamble safely all year round;
- Sources of more advice and support.
The whole of the UK and Irish gambling industry has come together to support Safer Gambling Week.
What is happening during Safer Gambling Week?
Betway provide information on safer gambling throughout the year, with a range of different tools and options to help manage play. During Safer Gambling Week, material and information about safer gambling and where to find further advice and support will be highlighted.
Key information has been made available to all supporting organisations: these materials cover subjects such as:
- Asking questions about gambling behaviour
- Highlighting the key behaviours of safer gambling
- Providing details of where and how to obtain further information and help if needed
- Promoting the Safer Gambling Week website and social media channels: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram - all @SGWeek20.
Betway will also be promoting the week with banner ads and pop-ups.
Key support organisations like the National Gambling Helpline, GamCare and YGam will also be promoting the week and preparing for increased numbers of enquiries due to the national campaign.
Workshops and Training Sessions
Leading charities providing help and support around gambling, GamCare and YGAM, are also running workshops and training sessions throughout SG Week, particularly focused on parents and those working with young people: teachers, youth workers and health professionals.
These sessions will provide information which can help young people understand the risks associated with gambling, the choices they can make to gamble responsibly and what tools are available to help them manage their behaviour.