Accomplish your 2019 fitness goals with the West Ham United Foundation
New Year, New You!
Many people use the start of a New Year to set goals for becoming more active and trying new activities. With the NHS now recommending that individuals get at least 150 minutes of moderate exercise per week there's even more reason to get more active. There really is something to suit everyone with the West Ham United Foundation.
The Foundation's Health Project Officer Evie Cicha said: It's great that the West Ham United Foundation offers people across East London and Essex so many different ways to get active this year. There really is something for everybody to enjoy, no matter their age or fitness level."
The West Ham United Foundation's mission is to deliver a sporting legacy, create opportunities and change lives in the community. The Foundation are celebrating all the successes of 2018 and looking forward to even more in 2019. Here are a few of the programmes that you can get involved in to help achieve your fitness goals for the new year.
- If you would like help training for a race or just to improve your fitness levels, the Newham Athletic Network holds training sessions throughout the week. These are held across Newham for everyone from beginners to advance with sessions to suit your needs. For more information email email@example.com.
- For any Junior Hammers we will be running Soccer School sessions this February Half Term between 18-22 February. Soccer Schools are a great opportunity for your child to improve in all areas of football, meet new children and get active during the half term! These are available for anybody aged between 3-15 years old and run across East London and Essex. To book onto these sessions or find out where they are running in February visit soccerschools.whufc.com.
- The West Ham United Foundation runs Walking Football sessions every week across east London. These are for anybody over the age of 18 and are free to join. For every home game in the Premier League this season, the Foundation have teamed up with Club sponsor Basset & Gold to host a Walking Football tournament beforehand. This involves teams from West Ham United and the visitors playing against each other to determine a winning team who will be presented with their winning medals at half time on the pitch. For more information about getting involved in Walking Football email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In March the Foundation will give you the chance to start a career in coaching with its FA Level 1 course. This course is open to anybody aged 16+ years old and includes various workshops on both practical and theoretical football coaching. These are held in Beckton with the sessions starting at the beginning of March. Book onto this course now at soccerschools.whufc.com or email email@example.com for more information.
- Over 450 young people take part in the Premier League Kicks every week which uses the power of football and the value of sports participation to help hard-to-reach youngsters in some of the most high-need areas. These sessions are run across East London and Essex offering anyone between the ages of 7-18 a secure environment to practice and improve their football skills. To get involved with the Premier League Kicks programme email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The above is just a snapshot of the work the Foundation provides to residents of the community, with over 35 programmes throughout the year. If you would like to get involved in any of the Foundations programmes in 2019 or find out more information then visit whufc.com/community or email email@example.com.