West Ham United Official Supporters' Board to hold first meeting
The Club is pleased to announce that the first meeting of the new West Ham United Official Supporters’ Board will take place on Thursday 29 November at London Stadium.
Over the summer, we began an extensive period of consultation with supporters to create a new and enhanced forum that will ensure the best possible representation for our wide and diverse fanbase, now that we are fully established in our new home at London Stadium.
The Supporters’ Board will meet with the Club’s Board members and senior members of the staff, three times a season, when topical issues can be discussed and ideas can be shared. The objective is to provide supporter representatives with greater access, opportunity and an influence on what happens at the Club.
An open application process – available to all supporters - was set up in the summer, and an independent panel has been responsible for selecting Supporter Representatives from applications the Club received. Panel members included; former players Carlton Cole and the legendary Sir Trevor Brooking, Director of Visit Football Mandy Lane (the Premier League’s Quality Assurance Stadium Scheme) and Paul Richman, Chair of the Official West Ham United Supporters’ Club.
Sir Trevor Brooking said: “I was delighted to asked to be on the independent selection panel for the new West Ham United Supporters’ Board. The applications were all of a very high standard and I am sure that those who have been chosen will bring great enthusiasm and dedication to their role in representing the wider fanbase. It is important that our supporters have the opportunity to share their views and get their points across to the club in a positive and open forum, and I look forward to seeing the new Supporters' Board grow and develop as the season goes on."
The new West Ham United Official Supporters Board includes:
- A new structure – A Chair and Vice-Chairperson on the WHUSB elected by your Supporter Representatives
- Direct contact and support for Supporter Reps – All Supporter Representatives will be contactable through the Club’s official website
- A voice for Young Hammers– The launch of the Junior Supporters' Board, a unique forum focused on our younger fans
- A growing Disabled Supporters Board – Three new members to be appointed independently by the Co-chairs of the DSB
- Specialist subgroups – Giving fans a real chance to influence decisions made by the Club
- An independent selection process – All applications are anonymised and reviewed by four independent panel members - this year included Club legend Sir Trevor Brooking as a panel member
- Bringing the Supporters’ Board to life – More than just minutes, we will see creative content showing the hard work of the WHUSB in action
- Building relationships – Working with the Chair/Vice-Chair and all Supporter Reps on the agenda, actions and minutes of meetings
- Terms of Reference – A new constitution outlining how the Supporters’ Board will run, agreed in partnership with the elected Supporter Reps.
So that fans can become familiar with their Supporter Representatives, profiles of those selected will feature on the Club website in advance of the first WHUSB meeting. Additionally, the Club will provide each representative with a direct contact so that fans can get in touch to share their views, ask questions and provide feedback ahead of future meetings.
The Official Supporters’ Board, Disabled Supporters’ Board and Junior Supporters’ Board have all been created as a platform for meaningful engagement so West Ham supporters can have their say at the very highest level of the Club. What’s more, it gives the Club a new opportunity to consult with supporters and use that feedback to help steer the strategic direction of the Football Club and enhance matchdays at London Stadium for all of our loyal and passionate supporters.