Supporters reminded to 'Know The Game Plan'
West Ham United supporters attending Premier League matches this season are being reminded to ‘Know The Game Plan’ to stay safe and enhance stadium security.
Police work closely with the Premier League, English Football League and the 92 clubs to enhance measures designed to keep supporters safe, and to raise and awareness of the threat from terrorism among club employees and supporters.
While there is no specific threat to football grounds, the project is part of a wider police plan to work more closely with different sectors such as retail, hospitality and entertainment to help protect the public.
Nearly a quarter of a million sports event stewards have been issued with a short guide giving key advice to help protect crowds of spectators.
Supporters are asked to report any security concerns to stewards or staff.
The key ‘Know The Game Plan’ advice all fans are asked to follow is:
- Arrive early, allowing more time for security checks
- Minimise what you carry, fewer bag searches will speed up entry to the ground
- Be vigilant at all times and if you see anything suspicious, tell a steward right away
- If you see anything that could pose an immediate threat to safety, call 999
- In an emergency, listen to thePublic Address instructions and follow them
- If told to evacuate, do so immediately, do not wait around to film events on your mobile
- Move right away from the stadium as quickly as possible for your safety and to allow clear access for any emergency vehicles
- Once you are safe, follow the local police force on Twitter for updates