The search for a new striker has dominated the headlines throughout the summer and it is my understanding that there could finally be some movement in the near future.
All the reports this week have once again surrounded a big money move for AC Milan striker Carlos Bacca.
My sources have confirmed to me that Bacca has arrived back from South America in Milan on Thursday and negotiations are continuing to convince him to become a West Ham United player.
As reported by the Insider last week, the Hammers have agreed a deal with Milan but the hard part is convincing Bacca to put pen to paper.
I have been told that the Colombia international wants to play Champions League football but the Club's hierarchy are doing everything they can to persuade him to sign for West Ham United.
It is my understanding that representatives from the Hammers spent a further hour with Bacca on Thursday, but he is yet to make a decision.
There is however, good news surrounding the signing of another top class forward.
My sources have told me that a deal has been agreed to sign Argentine striker Jonathan Calleri from Sao Paolo.
Calleri is rated one of the best young talents in South America and has attracted interest from a number of top clubs across Europe.
But I have been told that West Ham have won the race to clinch his signature, subject to a work permit application which is due to be heard next week.
There have been a number of reports stating a host of lower league clubs are interested in making a loan move for Reece Burke who earned rave reviews at Bradford last season.
It is my understanding that six Championship sides want to sign him on loan.
However, I have been told Slaven Bilic is keen to keep his top young players while the Club are taking part in the Europa League so it seems unlikely there will be any movement at this point.
The views in this article are those of the author and not necessarily those of West Ham United