West Ham United 3-1 Watford

West Ham United ended a run of four straight draws with victory over Watford on Wednesday

Mark Noble netted a brace and Andy Carroll continued his impressive goalscoring run as West Ham set a new top-flight club record of going 15 Premier League games unbeaten at the Boleyn Ground with a 3-1 win over Watford.

The Hammers have made Upton Park a fortress this season and have not been beaten at home since the defeat against Bournemouth back in August.

The victory also ensured Slaven Bilic's side have now gone nine league matches without defeat for the first time since an 18-match run back in 1985.

It was another night for Noble to remember under the lights as he scored two penalties and continued his formidable record of 25 goals from his last 28 spot kicks.

Carroll also continued his impressive recent run in front of goal making it six goals from his last six games.

Watford defender Sebastian Prodl pulled back a consolation goal for the away side, while Adrian saved a late penalty and Nordin Amrabat was sent off in stoppage time.

After four league draws, the Hammers enjoyed a memorable victory and the three points keeps alive the Club's hopes of securing a European spot.

The home side got off to the perfect start when they opened the scoring on ten minutes.

Dimitri Payet played the perfect cross in for Carroll who volleyed the ball past Watford keeper Heurelho Gomes to make it six in six.

Carroll has certainly returned to the first-team with a point to prove and if he carries on this impressive goalscoring record, he will give himself every chance of making the England squad for the Euro Finals during the summer.

The goal was the catalyst for the home side to dominate the first half proceedings and they came close to adding a second on 15 minutes when Payet turned provider once again, weaving his way into the box and the ball fell to Diafra Sakho who saw his close-range shot well kept out by Gomes.

The home side were awarded a free-kick just outside the box on 22 minutes which meant only thing as Payet prepared to take aim.

The Frenchman tried something different on this occasion with a low shot past the wall but Gomes made a comfortable save.

The Hammers continued to dominate and could have doubled their lead on the half hour mark following a great move which saw Lanzini burst clear towards the Watford box.

The Argentine midfielder laid the ball into Payet who fired a shot inches over the bar.

Payet came close again on 36 minutes after he produced a great piece of skill to take the ball down first time following a great cross-field ball from Carroll and curled a shot which flew just wide of the post.

The home fans paid tribute to Dylan Tombides with a minute's applause on 38 minutes after the youngster sadly passed away two years ago this week.

And the tribute seemed to inspire the home side as they managed to double their lead on the stroke of half-time after Jose Holebas climbed over Cheikohou Kouyate and brought him down inside the area.

Referee Mike Dean had no hesitation in pointing to the spot and Noble made no mistake striking the spot kick into the bottom corner.

The Hammers should have added a third just seconds later after Sakho broke clear and played the ball into Manuel Lanzini who had the goal at his mercy but he struck his shot wide of the goal.

The home fans didn't have to wait too much longer before seeing a third goal.

Michail Antonio was brought down by Almen Abdi on 52 minutes and Dean once again pointed to the spot.

Noble added his second of the game when he slammed the ball straight down the middle and raced towards to the corner flag to celebrate with the home fans.

Watford refused to lie down and pulled a goal back on 63 minutes when substitute Steven Berghuis' free-kick picked out Prodl who fired an unstoppable shot past Adrian into the roof of the net.

The Hammers had chances to make it four with the best opportunity coming on 83 minutes when Victor Moses was through on goal but saw his low show well saved by Gomes.

Adrian showed his quality once again in injury time when he made a superb save to deny Troy Deeney from the penalty spot after Angelo Ogbonna brought down Prodl inside the box.

Watford's misery was compounded when Amrabat was shown his second yellow card of the game for a foul on Winston Reid.

West Ham: Adrian, Antonio, Reid, Ogbonna, Cresswell, Noble (C), Kouyate, Lanzini, Payet (Collins 90), Sakho (Moses 78), Carroll (Emenike 86)

Subs not used: Randolph, Byram, Tomkins, Obiang


Watford:  Gomes (C), Paredes, Prödl, Cathcart, Holebas, Suarez, Behrami; Guedioura (Anya 56), Jurado (Berghuis 56), Abdi (Deeney 75), Amrabat

Subs not used: Pantilimon, Nyom, Britos, Watson

Bookings: Prodl, Amrabat

Red Card: Amrabat

Referee: Mike Dean

Attendance: 34,857