West Ham United CEO Scott Duxbury has said the club's transfer policy remains unchanged in spite of recent media speculation concerning Straumur.
Having spoken on Friday about the club's efforts to bring in new recruits and the summer so far, the CEO said there had been no change to the plan to continue to invest in Gianfranco Zola's squad for the 2009/10 season and beyond.
Duxbury said: "The club's position today remains the same as it was last week or as it was in January. There is no question of Straumur forcing us to sell anyone - in fact we are actively looking for new players.
"The papers are unsurprisingly full of speculation at this time of year but the situation is clear. The only way a player would be allowed to leave is if Gianfranco thinks it is in the best interests of the squad as a whole and it is right for the club. It is as simple as that."
Non-Executive Chairman Andrew Bernhardt said: "As I said earlier in the summer, the club is on a sound financial footing and Straumur creditor meetings have no bearing on the operations of West Ham United. This remains unchanged.
"We fully support Scott and Gianfranco and endorse their continued efforts in strengthening the squad as quickly as possible, with a new striker their top priority. We are looking forward to a great season."