West Ham United are to hold the Club's first-ever Social Media Match around the home Barclays Premier League fixture with Hull City on Wednesday 26 March.
The Hammers plan to engage with the 900,000-plus supporters who actively follow the Club's Official Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram pages.
West Ham are already very active in the social media world, keeping fans updated with the latest news and views from the Boleyn Ground, as well as exclusive behind-the-scenes video and photos, competitions and much, much more.
For the visit of Hull you, our loyal fans, will shape the Club's social media platforms before, during and after the game, with interactive interviews, features and competitions all aimed at engaging with as many of you as possible!
Here is just a flavour what supporters can expect from West Ham's inaugural Social Media Match and details of how you can get involved:
• #HammerShirts - We want you to Tweet us with messages of support for the team. The best 20 messages will be printed on T-shirts and worn by the players during their pre-match warm-up. The players will sign their own T-shirt, which will be sent to the fan who Tweeted their message! These messages will also appear in the Official Programme on matchday! To Tweet your message now on @whufc_official, please do so using the hashtag #HammerShirts
• Phoenix from the Flames - We want you to submit videos of you recreating your favourite West Ham United moment from the 2013/14 season! The winning entry or entries will be broadcast on the big screens before kick-off and on the Club's Official YouTube channel. Supporters should note that only high-quality footage can be used on the big screens. If you are using a tablet or smartphone, please hold this horizontally. To submit your Phoenix from the Flames entry, please email it to [email protected] using a file transfer website such as WeTransfer.
• We want you to conduct the main interview with Mohamed Diame in the Official Programme! Please submit your questions for Mo on our Twitter page @whufc_official using the hashtage #AskMo
• #Gloveaway - Goalkeeper Adrian will be leaving one of his gloves at a mystery east London location, which he will announce at 12noon on matchday on his Twitter page @AdriSanMiguel. If you are the first fan to find Adrian's glove, you will be given two tickets to the game (if required) and meet Adrian, who will complete the pair!*
• #MattsMatchday - Midfielder Matt Taylor will Tweet his matchday from start to finish on his Twitter page @Official_MattT using the hashtag #MattsMatchday
• Competitions - You will have the chance to win a piece of signed memorabilia by entering our matchday starting XI prediction competition on Twitter using the hashtag #WHULINEUP and by predicting West Ham's first goalscorer using #WHUGOAL
• #HammersPlaylist - We want you to Tweet your favourite song to be part of the matchday playlist at half-time. We will create a ten-song shortlist, with the top three songs voted by fans on @whufc_official making the half-time playlist over the PA system. To nominate your ONE song for the Hammers Playlist, please do so now using the hashtag #HammersPlaylist
• Matchday coverage - Our multimedia team will be following the players around the Boleyn Ground on matchday, with regular videos being published on the Club's official YouTube channel.
During the action
• Player pundit - We will be asking a first-team player (subject to availability) to join us in the Press Box to give his expert opinion on the action during the game on our official Twitter page @whufc_official
• #HammerTime - During the game, we want you to Tweet us a photo from wherever you are watching the match, whether that be in the ground, at home or in a bar, on your own on with a group of fellow supporters using the hashtag #HammerTime
• Matchday coverage - We will be sharing the very best images from in and around the Boleyn Ground all matchday, including action photos, in a gallery on our official Facebook page.
• Man of the Match - We will be launching live Man of the Match vote immediately after the final whistle on our official Twitter page. The player with the most RT wins Man of the Match, with one of the fans who voted for him winning a signed prize!
*Fans taking part in Adrian's #Gloveaway must be willing to be filmed by West Ham TV and external media.
Competition terms and conditions are available on request.