The message of equality Is embedded throughout West Ham United Football Club.
The Hammers were proud that their commitment to promoting diversity and equality across the club and its community was recognised recently by the Premier League.
West Ham were awarded the Intermediate Equality Standard in recognition of a range of initiatives and campaigns and are now working towards the Advanced Standard.
Furthermore, the club's women's side heralded the dawn of a new era this summer when they kicked-off life in the top tier FA Women's Super League as full-time professionals, having changed their name from West Ham United Ladies to the West Ham United's women's team.
In addition, the club proudly supports its LGBT+ supporter group, Pride of Irons, who recently took part in the Pride in London Parade.
- Awarded Intermediate Equality Standard by the Premier League for our commitment to diversity and equality - working towards Advanced level
- Regular engagement with delivery and external campaign organisations such as Stonewall, Show Racism the Red Card and Kick It Out.
- A comprehensive programme of staff equality training
- 47% increase in matchday staff from BAME backgrounds
- 16% increase in female matchday staff
- Diversity campaign video reached more than a million fans online
- 269 young people aged eleven and over engaged in Premier League Girls sessions across 13 satellite sites