Our community engagement programmes reach a variety of participants and aim to bring local people together. Last year, £1.3 million was shared invested through the Foundation, directly for the benefit of around 12,000 Newham residents.
- 50,000 people engaged in 30+ West Ham United Foundation programmes per year
- There was a £400,000 investment in 2016 for our Beckton 3G facility, which continues to host over 1,200 participants per week
- 13 inmates from HM Prison Chelmsford are graduating from the ‘Playing Inside and Out’ Twinning programme
- 1,547 students engaged in Community School Hub in 18/19 season – a secondary school programme which sees a Foundation hub officer becoming an integral part of the school; delivering numeracy, literacy, sport and teacher development programmes.
- Within the Community School Hub programme 278 individuals were involved in intervention activities with 72% of these demonstrating improvement with their numeracy and literacy skills