12-Month Marketing Intern Placement
Closing Date: Friday 14 November 2014
Position Type: 12 Month Marketing Internship Placement
Hours: You will be required to work normal business hours, Monday-Friday and some matchdays
1. To support the functioning of the marketing department at West Ham United Football Club at this exciting time in the Club's history with the last season at the Boleyn Ground and the move to the new Stadium in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in 2016.
- To support the marketing team with the required needs of the West Ham United brand day to day marketing; helping to deliver on marketing campaigns as part of the team or working on individual projects supervised by the team members as follows: Promotions via club merchandise, hospitality packages and ticketing
- Assist with copy writing, development and production of promotional literature such as posters, leaflets, direct mail, e-shot, and programme articles.
- Completing design brief forms
- Liaising with designers and agencies
2. Ensure the effective collation of all marketing material for file (online and offline)
3. To help ensure marketing information is up to date and correct.
4. Assist the marketing team with campaign reporting and evaluation including Return on Investment (ROI), email effectiveness and web analytics.
Experience and Skills
- Marketing qualification and an understanding of how a marketing department functions
- Excellent writing and communication skills with good attention to detail.
- Practical IT skills, specifically MS Office (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good organisation and administrative skills.
- An understanding of online media and web analytics is desirable.
Personal Qualities and Abilities
- Ability to work well as part of a team as well as on lone supervised projects.
- Ability to work under pressure with the ability to multi-task between projects.
- Time management skills with the ability to keep and meet deadlines.
- Able to use own initiative with a flexible attitude towards assisting colleagues.
- An understanding of the football industry and knowledge of the game is desirable.
We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities. Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
To apply please email your CV with a covering letter and return e-mail address to email@example.com
Due to the expected large number of applicants only those candidates called for interview will be contacted.