INTERIM HEAD OF MARKETING/PROJECT MANAGER - MARKETING
Closing Date: 12 September 2014
Position Type: Interim Head of Marketing/ Project Manager - Marketing (Maternity cover - up to six months)
Location: Boleyn Ground, Upton Park
Start date: Immediate
West Ham United Football Club is currently amidst one of the most exciting periods in its 119-year history, as the Club advances its preparations to re-locate to the newly-transformed Olympic Stadium. The Stadium is undergoing a multi-million pound conversion to a UEFA Category 4 Football Stadium. In 2016,it will become the home of one of the biggest football brands when we move to the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in Stratford.
An opportunity for a skilled, passionate, hard-working and well-organised senior marketing professional has arisen as a result of maternity leave.
The West Ham United Board has a clear vision to fill the Stadium and ensure it exceeds the expectation of its supporters. The nature of the project is such that it presents a unique opportunity for the right candidate to lead on key projects in relation to the delivery of this vision and be part of something truly special.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of key projects including, but not limited to, the following:
• The roll out of general admission marketing campaign
• Support of premium marketing campaign
• Targeting new customer groups
• Oversight of new website build project and content strategy
• Final season at the Boleyn Ground strategy
• Ability to hit the ground running and have immediate impact
• Ability to lead project teams, define priorities and delegate tasks
• Ability to deal with senior stakeholders (internally and externally)
• Can creatively solve marketing challenges
• An empathy/understanding of how a professional football club works
• Ability to deliver both on deadline and to the highest executional expectations
• Ability to multi-task/prioritise
• As part of a small team, the candidate must be flexible and be prepared to roll his/her sleeves up and get stuck in!
• Managing complex campaigns; targeting and segmentation, developing creative
• Website development; digital engagement and monetisation
• Direct response marketing and delivering short revenue targets
• Account management experience
• Experience of leading key projects and seeing them to fruition
• Managing Communications strategies also an advantage
• Experience in a sports/entertainment stadia or managing digital/marketing project in an agency environment would be an advantage
We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities. Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
To apply please click here.