A brace from winger Kieran Sadlier helped the Development Squad to a comfortable 3-0 win against a Leyton Orient XI at Rush Green on Tuesday afternoon.

The wideman struck from close-range to open the scoring in the first half before doubling the lead with a glancing header soon after half-time.

Jordan Brown completed the scoring when he got on the end of a Blair Turgott cross as the Hammers cruised to victory against the O's.

It was a morale boosting victory for Nick Haycock's side who will now prepare to face Arsenal in the Barclays Under-21 Premier League on Monday.

The home side dominated the early stages and could have been ahead as early as the first minute, when Sadlier was unable to make meaningful contact with Turgott's cross from the right.

The opening exchanges were spent almost entirely in Orient's half and centre-back Jamie Harney placed his header over the bar from a Sadlier corner with six minutes gone.

With the match settling down into a midfield battle, chances were few and far between, but it was a moment of quick thinking which unlocked the visitors after 26 minutes.

Danny Whitehead grabbed the ball after the referee had blown for a free-kick on the left-hand side, placed it down and set Josh Cullen racing away down the touchline.

The left-back's cross was dangerous and forced a defender into making Jake Larkins produce a fine one-handed save before Burke knocked the rebound goalwards where Sadlier was waiting to smash the ball home.

There was a break in play after half an hour as the sprinklers decided to come on, wreaking havoc with the corner flags in the process, as Turgott had two efforts beaten away before the break.

The second half began in similar vein to the first, with the Hammers firmly in the ascendency and it took them only four minutes to extend their half-time lead as Sadlier notched his second of the match, beating the keeper to Turgott's corner and glancing his header into the empty net.

Orient looked deflated as the home side turned the screw with Brown firing wide before he extended the lead in the 54th minute when he was on hand to tap home from Turgott's cross following a flowing move.

Brown came close again when he controlled the ball superbly in the box before seeing his shot blocked by two despairing defenders as the pressure piled on the Os.

The visitors should have reduced the arrears, however, when Yohann Lasimant somehow contrived to miss from six yards out when he turned a shot wide of the goal.

The miss was typical of the visitors' performance and things could have been worse had Moses Makasi been able to hit the target with a free header as time ticked down.

West Ham United: Henderson (T Brown), Page (Potts), Burke, Harney, Chambers (Knoyle), Whitehead (Bywater), Turgott (Nasha), Cullen (Makasi), Fanimo (Lletget), Sadlier (Mavila), Lee (J Brown)

Goals: Sadlier 26, 49, Brown 54