West Ham United 2-0 Norwich City
Barclays Premier League

West Ham United moved up to tenth in the Barclays Premier League as two late goals fired them to a third straight win on Tuesday night.

James Collins and Mohamed Diame struck to see off a determined Norwich City side and secure another vital three points.

The clean sheet was West Ham's fourth in a row - the first time they have achieved such a feat in the Premier League era - and this one owed much to goalkeeper Adrian.

The Spaniard denied Gary Hooper three times en route to victory, as the Hammers punished the visitors for their profligacy.

Sam Allardyce named an unchanged side from the eleven who defeated Aston Villa on Saturday, but it was the visitors who were quickest out of the blocks on a chilly Boleyn Ground night.

Hooper had a ninth minute chance to strike when Nathan Redmond tricked his way past Guy Demel and stood up a cross for the former Celtic striker, who headed downwards and towards the corner, forcing a sprawling stop from Adrian.

Hooper spurned an even better opportunity nine minutes later, shooting at Adrian after Robert Snodgrass' fine pass fed him through on goal.

Norwich were forcing all of the early chances and they broke quickly from a Hammers corner on 23 minutes, with only a superb saving tackle from James Tomkins denying Bradley Johnson after Robert Snodgrass played the ball square.

Three minutes later Mark Noble looked to bend a shot goalwards, but could not direct it far away enough from John Ruddy in the Norwich goal.

West Ham grew in strength as the half wore on and began to force the Canaries onto the back foot, but it was Norwich who had the final chance before the break, as Alex Tettey committed Collins to a block when opting to pass out wide rather than shoot, allowing him a free run into the box to collect the return ball from Hooper and shoot first time. Adrian reacted well to push the ball behind for a corner.

Just as at Villa, the Hammers introduced Marco Borriello for Carlton Cole at the break as they looked to up the ante.

They were reliant on another fine save from Adrian midway through the half though, as Johnson's lovely pass took Hooper beyond George McCartney, but once again the No13 stood firm to prevent Hooper from opening the scoring.

Redmond then tried his luck from outside the area with 73 minutes on the clock, but dragged his right-footed effort wide of the mark.

For all Norwich's chances, the Hammers had a great opportunity to open the scoring themselves 13 minutes from the end when Kevin Nolan prodded through to  Diame, and the No21 looked for the opposite corner, only for Ruddy to pull off a fine save.

The breakthrough finally arrived with only six minutes left to play, and it went the Hammers' way after they won a free kick down the left hand side.

Mark Noble played the ball short to Diame on the touchline, and he took a touch before delivering a wickedly inswinging cross which Collins beat Ruddy to, glancing the ball into the unguarded net.

As Norwich left gaps as they looked for a route back into the contest, Diame sealed it at the death when he picked up possession inside his own half, drove clear of the Norwich defence, and netted with the help of a deflection off Russell Martin.

West Ham United: Adrian; Demel, Collins, Tomkins, McCartney; Nolan, Noble, Taylor (Nocerino 77); Jarvis (Diame 61), C.Cole (Borriello 46), Downing
Subs: Jaaskelainen, Reid, Armero, Collison

Goals: Collins 84, Diame 90+4

Booked: Nocerino

Norwich City: Ruddy; Martin, Yobo, Bassong, Olsson; Tettey (van Wolfswinkel 86), Johnson; Redmond (Pilkington 81), Fer, Snodgrass; Hooper (Elmander 76)
Subs: Bunn, Whittaker, van Wolfswinkel, Hoolahan, Garrido

Booked: Olsson, Johnson, Pilkington

Referee:  Michael Oliver

Attendance: 31,153