FULHAM v WEST HAM UNITED
BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
WEDNESDAY 1 JANUARY 2014
REFEREE: MARK CLATTENBURG
FULL AUDIO COMMENTARY - WEST HAM TV
TWITTER I FACEBOOK I iPHONE APP I YOUTUBE I PROGRAMME I BIG SAM
• West Ham United make the short trip across to west London on Wednesday as they look to start 2014 with a win over Fulham at Craven Cottage.
• The Hammers head into the match without a win in six Barclays Premier League starts following a 3-3 draw with West Bromwich Albion at the Boleyn Ground last time out.
• Following the match against the Baggies, the Hammers sit 19th in the league table, one place below Wednesday's opponents.
• On the team's last away outing, a trip to Old Trafford resulted in a 3-1 defeat at the hands of Manchester United, which made it five games without an away league win.
• Sam Allardyce's team played Fulham in the Premier League at the Boleyn Ground on 30 November and recorded a resounding 3-0 win.
• Since then the Cottagers have changed manager with Rene Meulensteen replacing Martin Jol.
• The new man has presided over six league games so far, winning two and losing the other four, conceding 17 goals in the process.
• Last time out the west Londoners received a shock as they were thumped 6-0 by Hull City at the KC Stadium as they remained third from bottom of the table.
• Fulham have managed just one win in their last five home league outings, suffering a 4-2 defeat to Manchester City in their last home encounter.
West Ham United
• James Tomkins picked up a groin injury against West Bromwich Albion and joins fellow centre backs James Collins (calf) and Winston Reid (ankle) on the sidelines.
• Andy Carroll has resumed training but is not yet fit enough to feature whilst Ricardo Vaz Te (shoulder), Stewart Downing (ankle) and Mladen Petric (calf) all miss out.
• Maarten Stekelenburg could return for the Cottagers after David Stockdale deputised in place of the Dutch stopper against Hull City.
• Dimitar Berbatov could also be in line for a return after missing the last three games.
Last time out
West Ham United 3-3 West Bromwich Albion
Barclays Premier League
28 December 2013
West Ham United: Jaaskelainen, O'Brien, McCartney, Tomkins (Demel 10), Rat, Diame, Noble, Nolan, Jarvis, J.Cole (Collison 83), C.Cole (Maiga 46)
Subs not used: Adrian, Chambers, Taylor, Diarra
Goals: J.Cole 4, Maiga 65, Nolan 67
Hull City 6-0 Fulham
Barclays Premier League
28 December 2013
Fulham: Stockdale, Zverotic, Amorebieta, Hughes, Riise, Sidwell, Ruiz (Kacaniklic 60), Karagounis (Richardson 74), Kasami, Dejagah (Bent 64), Rodallega
Subs not used: Boateng, Riether, Bettinelli, David
West Ham produced a strong second half performance to see off Fulham at the Boleyn Ground. Mohamed Diame broke the deadlock less than two minutes after half-time as he drove at the Fulham defence before his deflected shot fooled Maarten Stekelenburg in the Fulham goal. The Hammers doubled the lead when Carlton Cole got on the end of Stewart Downing's cross after 82 minutes before Joe Cole put the finishing touches on the win with a third goal two minutes from time.
West Ham United: Jaaskelainen, Demel, Tomkins, Collins, McCartney, Diame, Noble, Downing, Jarvis (J Cole 68), Nolan (Morrison 77), Maiga (C Cole 81)
Subs not used: Adrian, Collison, Taylor, O'Brien
Goals: Diame 47, C Cole 82, J Cole 88
Fulham: Stekelenburg, Zverotic, Hughes, Amorebieta, Richardson (Dembele 83), Duff (Ruiz 65), Sidwell (Karagounis 78), Parker, Taarabt, Kasami, Bent
Subs not used: Senderos, Boateng, Kacaniklic, Stockdale
• West Ham United's first game against Fulham took place in 1898, in the Southern League Second Division. The Hammers came away with a 2-1 win and won the reverse fixture 1-0.
• The Hammers' record win over the Cottagers was a 7-2 home Division One victory 3 February 1968. West Ham United have also beaten their London rivals 6-1 and 5-1, with Fulham's record win being a 5-0 home victory on 7 November 1936.
• Carlton Cole has scored seven goals in his last nine matches against Fulham, all of which have come in the Premier League.
• West Ham and Fulham have met 19 times in the Premier League era with the Hammers winning eleven, drawing five and losing three.
Last six meetings (all Premier League)
30 November 2013 West Ham United 3-0 Fulham
30 January 2013 Fulham 3-1 West Ham United
1 September 2012 West Ham United 3-0 Fulham
26 December 2010 Fulham 1-3 West Ham United
2 October 2010 West Ham United 1-1 Fulham
2 May 2010 Fulham 3-2 West Ham United
Overall record v Fulham (all competitions) W 39 D 20 L 29
West Ham United
2012/13 Premier League 10th (46 points)
2011/12 Championship 3rd (86 points - promoted via Play-Offs)
2010/11 Premier League 20th (33 points)
2009/10 Premier League 17th (35 points)
2008/09 Premier League 9th (51 points)
2007/08 Premier League 10th (49 points)
2006/07 Premier League 15th (41 points)
2005/06 Premier League 9th (55 points)
2004/05 Championship 6th (73 points - promoted via Play-Offs)
2003/04 Championship 4th (74 points)
2012/13 Premier League 12th (43 points)
2011/12 Premier League 9th (52 points)
2010/11 Premier League 8th (49 points)
2009/10 Premier League 12th (46 points)
2008/09 Premier League 7th (53 points)
2007/08 Premier League 17th (36 points)
2006/07 Premier League 16th (39 points)
2005/06 Premier League 12th (48 points)
2004/05 Premier League 13th (44 points)
2003/04 Premier League 9th (52 points)
• Wednesday's referee is Mark Clattenburg, whose last West Ham United game came last season against Wigan Athletic in a 2-0 home win on 20 April 2013.
• Clattenburg was the man with the whistle for the stunning 4-0 win against Manchester United in the League Cup fifth round back in November 2010
• The 38-year-old was the man in the middle for the Championship Play-Off semi-final first leg in May 2004 when Ipswich Town won 1-0 against the visiting West Ham.
• Clattenburg has been on the Select List since 2004, the same year he took charge of the Division Three Play-Off final between Mansfield Town and Huddersfield Town at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff.
• After becoming a FIFA official in 2006 at the age of 31, Clattenburg has taken control of a number of international and UEFA Champions League matches.
• Clattenburg will be assisted by Simon Beck and Ron Ganfield whilst the fourth official is Scott Mathieson.
• Bobby Moore MBE played for both West Ham United and Fulham during his glittering career. Moore made 544 appearances for the Hammers before moving to Craven Cottage for £25,000 in 1974. England's World Cup-winning captain remained at Fulham for three years, making a further 124 appearances and facing his former side in the 1975 FA Cup final, which West Ham won 2-0.
• Fulham midfielder Scott Parker spent four years at West Ham, making 132 appearances between September 2007 and August 2011. Parker also netted 12 times in claret and blue before leaving to join Tottenham Hotspur.
• Among the other players who have represented both sides are Jan Lastuvka, Jimmy Bullard, Ian Pearce, Rufus Brevett, George Carter, Brian Dear, Tony Gale, Ron Greenwood, Jon Harley, Fred Harrison, Jack Hebden. George Horler, Luis Boa Morte, Bobby Zamora, John Pantsil and Paul Konchesky.
• The Club's full allocation of tickets for this match are SOLD OUT.
• The weather forecast for Wednesday's match is heavy rain with temperatures around 10C.
• For live travel updates from across the London underground network click here.
• All c2c trains will be operating on the basis of a Sunday service, details of which can be found here.
• For all travel information on the Greater Anglia train service click here.