BURNLEY v WEST HAM UNITED
CAPITAL ONE CUP FOURTH ROUND
TUESDAY 29 OCTOBER 2013
REFEREE: ROBERT MADLEY
FULL AUDIO AND TEXT COMMENTARY - WEST HAM TV
iPHONE APP I TWITTER I FACEBOOK I PODCAST
• West Ham United face Championship leaders Burnley in the Capital One Cup as they look to secure progress to the quarter-finals.
• The Hammers have beaten Cheltenham Town (2-1) and Cardiff City (3-2), both at the Boleyn Ground, to get to this stage.
• Sam Allardyce's team have been tough to beat away from home so far this season, losing only once - a 1-0 defeat to Hull City back on 28 September.
• That goal at the KC Stadium remains the only one conceded in five away Barclays Premier League matches.
• Ravel Morrison has scored in both rounds of the competition so far and will be hoping to keep that run going against the promotion hopefuls.
• Sean Dyche's team sit proudly top of English football's second tier having won ten of 13 matches and losing only one.
• Saturday's win over QPR was the Burnley's seventh straight league victory.
• The Clarets have beaten York City, Preston North End and Nottingham Forest to reach this stage.
• In those three cup ties they have conceded just once whilst finding the net eight times.
• Danny Ings has been in fine form for Burnley so far this season and has already accumulated 13 goals, four of which have come in the Capital One Cup.
• Ex-Hammer Junior Stanislas who, despite not featuring regularly in the league, is in line to start against his old club having been a strong performer in their cup run.
West Ham United
• Ricardo Vaz Te will miss the game after dislocating his shoulder against Swansea City.
• Andy Carroll is still a long-term injury victim while fellow striker Carlton Cole will hope to feature after coming on as a substitute on Sunday.
• Matt Taylor, Leo Chambers and Adrian will all hope to start after playing in the previous two rounds.
• Jack Collison could also feature after his loan spell with Bournemouth came to an end at the weekend.
• West Ham United and Burnley have played each other 79 times with both sides winning 31 and 17 ending as draws.
• The teams first met on 17 November 1923 with Burnley running out 5-1 winners.
• The Hammers biggest win at Turf Moor came on 28 September 1974 with a 5-3 success in Division One.
Last time out
Burnley 2-0 QPR
Sky Bet Championship
26 October 2013
Burnley: Heaton, Trippier, Mee, Jones, Duff, Shackell, Treacy (Stock 90), Marney (Edgar 83), Vokes, Ings, Kightly
Subs not used: Lafferty, Stanislas, Cisak, Long, Noble
Goals: Ings 65, pen 88
Swansea City 0-0 West Ham United
Barclays Premier League
27 October 2013
West Ham United: Jaaskelainen, Demel, Reid, Tomkins, Rat, Diame (C.Cole 64), Nolan, Noble, Morrison (J.Cole 78), Vaz Te (Jarvis 34), Downing
Subs not used: Adrian, Maiga, Taylor, O'Brien
Burnley 2-2 West Ham United
24 March 2012
Burnley: Grant, Trippier, Duff, Edgar, Mee, Marney, McCann, Bartley (Austin), Wallace, Paterson (Stanislas), Ings (McQuoid)
Subs not used: Jensen, Hewitt
Goals: Bartley 25, Paterson 36
West Ham United: Green, McCartney, Collins, O'Brien, Tomkins, O'Neil, Taylor (Maynard), Nolan, Noble, Collison (Carew), Cole (Baldock)
Subs not used: Lansbury, Potts
Goals: Nolan 68, Tomkins 70
Last six meetings (Championship unless stated)
24 March 2012 - Burnley 2-2 West Ham United
3 December 2011 - West Ham United 1-2 Burnley
21 February 2011 - West Ham United 5-1 Burnley (FA Cup fifth round)
6 February 2010 - Burnley 2-1 West Ham United (Premier League)
28 November 2009 - West Ham United 5-3 Burnley (Premier League)
5 April 2005 - Burnley 0-1 West Ham United
Overall record v Burnley (all competitions) W 31 D 17 L 31
West Ham United
2012/13 Premier League 10th (46 points)
2011/12 Championship 3rd (86 points - promoted via Play-Offs)
2010/11 Premier League 20th (33 points)
2009/10 Premier League 17th (35 points)
2008/09 Premier League 9th (51 points)
2007/08 Premier League 10th (49 points)
2006/07 Premier League 15th (41 points)
2005/06 Premier League 9th (55 points)
2004/05 Championship 6th (73 points - promoted via Play-Offs)
2003/04 Championship 4th (74 points)
2002/03 Premier League 18th (42 points - relegated to Championship)
2012/13 Championship 11th (61 points)
2011/12 Championship 13th (62 points)
2010/11 Championship 8th (68 points)
2009/10 Premier League 18th (30 points - relegated to Championship)
2008/09 Championship 5th (76 points - promoted to Premier League via Play-Offs)
2007/08 Championship 13th (62 points)
2006/07 Championship 15th (57 points)
2005/06 Championship 17th (54 points)
2004/05 Championship 13th (60 points)
2003/04 Division One 19th (53 points)
2002/03 Division One 16th (55 points)
• The following players have worn the colours of both West Ham United and Burnley during their careers: Reg Attwell, Frank Birchenough, Alan Brown, Herman Conway, Joe Gallagher, Zavon Hines, William Jenkinson, F.Kippax, Tyrone Mears, Walter Pollard, Junior Stanislas and Jack Tresadern.
• Tuesday night's referee is Robert Madley.
• Madley will be assisted by Gary Beswick and Ian Hussin, his fourth official is David Coote.
• In eight matches so far this season Madley has already dished out 36 cards, three of which have been red.
• In his early career, Madley refereed in the Wakefield and District League and then the West Yorkshire Association Football League. In 2010 he joined the National List of referees.
• In 2012 Madley was added to the FIFA fifth officials' list.
• In June 2013 Madley was promoted to the panel of Select Group of Referees who officiate all fixtures in the Premier League.
• Tickets are still available for this fixture but any purchased on the day of the game will need to be made at Turf Moor. Click here for full details.