Momo Diame has sought to clarify his position with West Ham United following a recent report in the media.
The Senegal international joined the club last summer and has played a key part in the Hammers' solid start to life back in the Barclays Premier League. The energetic midfielder, who returned from nearly seven weeks out with a hamstring injury in last week's FA Cup game at Manchester United, confirmed he would like to stay with the club.
"I know there are people out there saying things about me but I have spoken with the manager and told him that I want to stay here," Diame said. "I know the club want to keep me too so I will continue to give my best for them. I knew when I signed that West Ham were going to make their mark on the Premier League. Since I came here I am enjoying every game I play on the pitch. I think I made a good choice because I'm very happy at this club."
Speaking after Wednesday night's game with Arsenal, West Ham United manager Sam Allardyce also reaffirmed that Wednesday's press report was both misleading and unsettling.
"I don't think there's anything in the story," Allardyce said. "For me, it's just about agents being disruptive. Mo Diame has not been to me and said he is unhappy in any way.
"We've had no bids from any of the clubs that have been rumoured in the report. He's our player and hopefully come 1 February he will still be our player.
"Players become unhappy by rumours that are spread. In the build-up to the transfer window, I spoke about the one thing that can upset your players is speculation that people want them. They think it could be the club talking about them in the press but it isn't. All I can say is that there have been no bids from clubs that I've seen in the press like Arsenal or Tottenham for Mo Diame."